Athens, OH 45701, 740-517-8647 (cell), firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive Director, John W. Clem Recovery House, February 2014 to June 2019
Oversaw a Level I recovery house and a Level II recovery house. Directed staff, developed and managed budgets, worked directly with men in recovery, wrote grants and required reports, and maintained day-to-day operations/ Obtained approximately $500,000 in grants. Worked with granting agencies, banks, contractors, and staff to accomplish grant goals. Have served as an effective liaison with area health and recovery providers as well as the Athens-Hocking-Vinton County Mental Health and Addictions Board. Have developed relationships with recovery housing providers across the state and nation. Have provided numerous presentations on a wide array of topics at the local, state and national level.
Executive Director, Athens County Historical Society and Museum, Fall 2010 through December 2013
Responsible for directing staff, handling day-to-day operations, serving as spokesperson, serving as grant writer, working for community engagement, and making presentations. Made numerous presentations on local history, particularly the 19th century labor movement and the local communities.
Professor of English, Hocking College, 1985-2010
Taught writing courses (Freshman English, Technical Writing, Creative Writing, Business Writing), Supervision and Leadership, and introduction to World History, and introduction to theater. Served as Director of Staff, Program and Organizational Development for approximately 6 years. Served on various committees , wrote grants, wrote numerous articles, and made numerous presentations. Received outstanding teacher award.
- Completed all course work for CDCA.
- Peer Recovery Supporter
- Trainer for Peer Recovery Supporters
- Trauma-Informed Care Trainer
- SMART Recovery Facilitator
- SMART for Family and Friends Facilitator
- Will complete Peer Support Supervision Certification on July 5, 2019
- Founding Member and President of Ohio Recovery Housing (ORH), 2014-16
- Member of the Board of Directors, National Alliance for Recovery Residences (NARR), 2018
- Member of the NARR Standards Committee, Assisted in writing most recent standards, ethics, and position papers, 2017-19
- Court Appointed Special Advocate/Guardian Ad Litem (CASA/GAL), Athens County Probate Court, 2014-19
- CASA Ohio Board, 2016-18, State Board. Served as secretary.
- Founding Member of Mount Zion Baptist Church Preservation Society, Athens, Ohio. Served as treasurer
- Multicultural Genealogical Center, Chesterhill, Ohio. Served as secretary and treasurer
- National Council of Teachers of English, regional representative
- Southeastern Ohio Council of Teachers of English, served as president
- National Council for Staff, Program and Organizational Development. Served as membership chair and as vice-president and president
- Actor. Have appeared in numerous live productions (largely community theater) and student films
- Artist. Oils, Watercolors, Acrylics
- PhD, Ohio University, American Literature and Rhetoric
- MA, Ohio University, Creative Writing
- BA, State University of New York, College at Brockport, Summa Cum Laude, English